Enrique Holguin, Candidate for El Paso Municipal Court 4



Name 

Enrique Holguin

Campaign Social Media Accounts and Website: 

N/A

Campaign Email Address: 

N/A

Elected Office you are seeking: 

El Paso Municipal Court 4

BACKGROUND: Where did you go to school to get your bachelor's, your law degree, and who is (are) your current employer(s): 

UTEP, Texas Wesleyan School of Law, City of El Paso Municipal Court, Jaime Alvarado Attorney at Law

1. What makes you qualified for the position that you are seeking (3-4 Sentences Max)? 

I’ve been an associate municipal judge for 5 years. I have learned on the job. I have presided over every docket/hearing conducted in Municipal Court.

2. What are the three main functions of the office you are currently seeking? 

Preside over Class C citations, magistrate duties, community outreach 

3. What is the greatest obstacle you might face? Do you plan to serve in El Paso Municipal Court for a long time or plan to move on to another city or a more significant position after a few years of serving (3-4 Sentences Max)? 

Modernizing the court may be the most difficult. I have been a judge for 5 years and I hope to have many more years as a judge either associate or presiding. I really do enjoy the work. 

4. How long have you been a lawyer? Are you a member of the El Paso Bar Association? 

7 years, no 

5. List all community/civic organizations in which you are a current member, and in what capacity do you serve, or how else do you give back to the community (3-4 Sentences Max)? 

N/A

6. Are you a current member of any other local Bar Association(s) (3-4 Sentences Max)? 

N/A

7. Why do you want to be elected to that Judicial Position (3-4 Sentences Max)? 

I feel all the on-the-job training I have experienced make me qualified. Of course, I feel I can handle the responsibilities of the position ethically, respectfully and with compassion. 

8. What else would you like the El Paso Community to know about you (3-4 Sentences Max)? 

I’m an El Paso kid. I love my job as a judge. I am energetic and have much room to grow and many years to serve my community. 

Popular posts from this blog

Lauren Ferris, Candidate for El Paso Municipal Court 4

Kristin Romero, Candidate for El Paso Municipal Court 2

Rebecca Tarango, Candidate for El Paso Municipal Court of Appeals