Kristin Romero, Candidate for El Paso Municipal Court 2
Name
Kristin Romero
Campaign Social Media Accounts and Website:
Campaign Email Address:
KRomeromunicourt2@gmail.com
Elected Office you are seeking:
Municipal Court Number 2
BACKGROUND: Where did you go to school to get your bachelor's, your law degree, and who is (are) your current employer(s):
New Mexico State University, University of Kansas School of Law
1. What makes you qualified for the position that you are seeking (3-4 Sentences Max)?
I have been a trial attorney for over 12 years, so I know how a courtroom should be run. Also, I have been in the Army JAG Reserves for over 5 years, helping soldiers at Fort Bliss so I know how to work with our soldiers and Fort Bliss.
2. What are the three main functions of the office you are currently seeking?
Class C Misdemeanors & civil parking citations issued within the city limits.
3. What is the greatest obstacle you might face? Do you plan to serve in El Paso Municipal Court for a long time or plan to move on to another city or a more significant position after a few years of serving (3-4 Sentences Max)?
I will be learning the ropes, but I do not see that as an obstacle but more as an opportunity to bring in new ideas and new energy to the court. I plan on staying in the Municipal Court Number 2 position as long as the community feels I’m doing a great job for them.
4. How long have you been a lawyer? Are you a member of the El Paso Bar Association?
16 years. Yes
5. List all community/civic organizations in which you are a current member, and in what capacity do you serve, or how else do you give back to the community (3-4 Sentences Max)?
El Paso Executive Women’s Lion Club, member, and Captain in the U.S. Army Reserves.
6. Are you a current member of any other local Bar Association(s) (3-4 Sentences Max)?
No
7. Why do you want to be elected to that Judicial Position (3-4 Sentences Max)?
I want to be elected so I can continue to serve my community which I have done for the past 12 years. I will bring new ideas and new energy to the court which I think is essential in ensuring we continue to perform in a way that is beneficial to our community. This court is very important because most individuals will come before this court, and I want to make sure that we treat every case and person based on their circumstances.
8. What else would you like the El Paso Community to know about you (3-4 Sentences Max)?
I enjoy serving my community as an Assistant District Attorney and would love the opportunity to continue to serve them but now as a municipal court judge. My experience along with my military service have given me a unique perspective I can bring to this court.
